About this course
If you are keen to pursue a career in Carpentry, our Level 1 course is the best place to start! Studying at our dedicated construction centres, this programme will promote a safe environment, whilst you learn and develop your hand skills and basic wood working techniques to Diploma Level 1 standard.
What you will study
Key components of the course include:
- Health and Safety
- Handling and storage of resources
- Producing basic wood working joint
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Prepare and use portable power tools
You will learn the practical skills, theoretical knowledge and understanding of this trade, which will enable you to continue onto the progression routes at trade specific levels.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Applicants would benefit from achieving 3 GCSEs Grades D-F. Alternatively, applicants will be considered based on interview and a satisfactory skills scan, with a desire and commitment to complete the course they would wish to study.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assignments and end of year assessment including practical skills tests and online exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
As soon as I knew there was a link to come here I was excited, and the school link programme provided me with an opportunity to see what it would be like to study here. The College gives you a lot of information on why you need to get your NVQ, and get an apprenticeship to get into full-time employment.
Need to know