About this course
Our part-time Car Repair and Maintenance Course covers the main aspects of Vehicle Repair and Servicing at an Intermediate Level (Level 2).
What you will study
The main qualification covers many of the elements that are used in the Light Vehicle Foundation Apprenticeship, and can be used to fulfil part of the Apprenticeship Framework.
The course is based around real vehicles, cars and vans, using equipment similar to that used in garage repair workshops.
The course is split 50-50 workshop and classroom based and gives the student a good grounding in the operation of a workshop, preparing them for employment.
The course is run over one evening a week for 30 weeks, allowing student’s time for employment in the remainder of the week.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £100.00
3 GCSEs Grade A* - D including Maths or equivalent is desirable, however experience will be taken into account.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
I know from studying at the College and applying the skills I’ve learnt in my job I improve each day. I’m even going to compete at World Skills for vehicle body painting.
Need to know