About this course
This course is for anyone who is interested in learning more about cake decorating techniques, this basic introductory course will show you different skills on how to decorate cakes with simple decoration.
What you will study
You will learn to be able to cover a variety of cakes with a simple decoration.
Identify the tools and equipment suitable for decorating cakes.
Use tools and equipment safely and correctly.
Identify a variety of edible materials suitable for decorating cakes.
Make glacê icing.
Make buttercream icing.
Make royal icing.
Course fee per year
Part Course Fees: £30.00
Teaching and assessment
There are no prescribed assessment methods for this unit. Assessments used will be fit for purpose for the unit and learners, and generate evidence of achievement for all the assessment criteria. General assessment through observation of practical skills
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know