About this course
The Business Studies AS Level programme is a one-year course of study.
What you will study
AS-level Business Studies encourage learners to:
- Develop an enthusiasm for studying business
- Gain an holistic understanding of business in a range of contexts
- Develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society’s needs and wants
- Understand that business behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives
- Generate enterprising and creative approaches to business opportunities, problems and issues
- Be aware of the dilemmas and responsibilities faced by organisations and stakeholders
- Acquire a range of relevant business related skills, including decision making, problem-solving, the ability to work with others and improving your own performance
There will be two exams. The first one will focus on business opportunities and the second will focus on business functions including Marketing, Finance and People and Operations Management.
Course fee per year
Exam Fee: £60.00
Course Fee: £460.00
A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade A* - C to include English and Maths. Individual subjects may require higher grades. Mature learners without these qualifications may be accepted after an interview with the subject tutor.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I came to the College as I wanted to travel and become more independent – it’s so modern and looks amazing. When I saw the library I was sold. Honestly the library was my main pull, there are so many books I loved it.
Someone came in to speak to us about the Sutton Trust, which gives students a taste of life at American universities. I applied - it was really competitive but I got in. We went to a different state every day, and we went to different colleges including Princeton and Harvard. I also had a week at Warwick Uni and a week at Nottingham Uni. It was so good – I just loved it.
You have a lot of support at the College, especially from the Careers and Ideas team. I think there are a lot more opportunities here as it is such a big college with so many resources.
Need to know