HNC in Building Services Engineering (Electrical)
About this course
This programme has been developed to address the current skills shortages within Building Services Engineering, more specifically Electrical Installation.
This is an ideal subject for students wishing to become a building services engineer Electrical Installation.
This programme will provide you with the fundamental knowledge required for further progression within the building services engineering industry and open the doorway to a new career. It will also provide you with a recognised qualification that will act as a springboard towards achieving your degree.
What you will study
You will study the following 8 modules on this course:
Unit 1: Individual Project (set by awarding organisation)
Unit 2: Construction Technology
Unit 3: Science and Materials
Unit 4: Construction Environment
Unit 5: Digital Applications for Construction Information
Unit 6: Mathematics for Construction
Unit 7: Principles of Electrical Design & Installation
Unit 8: Scientific Principles for Building Services
Course fee per year
Tuition Fees: £1,920.00
48 UCAS Tariff Points from the routes listed below:
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in Construction and the Built Environment (or a related subject)
- GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject; this profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
- International equivalent of the above.
Mature applicants (aged 21+): If you do not hold the qualifications listed but have relevant work experience, you are welcome to apply. Your application will be considered on an individual basis. PPE/Equipment needed: Laptop, Safety Boots, Notebook, Stationary, Memory Stick
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
On Completion of the HNC, learners can progress onto the HND in Building Services Engineering in Electrical or directly into employment in the construction sector.
Need to know