About this course
Want a career in Building Services Engineering, but not sure about which area to go into? This one year introductory qualification gives learners a flavour of the skills involved in four different areas of building services engineering; plumbing, electrical installation, heating and ventilating and refrigeration and air conditioning.
What you will study
You will find out what you enjoy, and then you can move onto a specialist qualification in either plumbing, electrical installation, heating and ventilating or refrigeration and air-conditioning and hopefully eventually move onto a career. This qualification is for people thinking about a career in buildings services engineering, in either plumbing, electrical installation, heating and ventilating or refrigeration and air-conditioning. You might be a young learner in full time education, or an adult.
While completing this course, you will cover basic skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Heating and ventilating
- Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Introduction to the building services engineering sector
- Environmental awareness
4 GCSEs Grade A* - D must include Maths A* - C.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
LocationMaps & directions
Need to know