About this course
This course is for plumbing and heating engineers who want to install Domestic Hot Water Storage Systems, and will demonstrate their competence so they can either join a Competent Persons’ Scheme allowing the self-certification of installations, or to notify the local Building Control department prior to commencing work.
Candidates who wish to undertake this qualification must hold a recognised trade qualification e.g. NVQ/SNVQ Level 3 in Plumbing and Heating, or Domestic Heating, which will include Water Regulations, OR be working towards one OR have evidence of a number of Years’ experience in the plumbing or heating industry and hold a Water Regulations certificate.
What you will study
This course covers the following modules:
- Vented and Unvented systems and their operating principles
- Design and installations
- Compliance with other Building Regulations
Candidates will be assessed through a combination of practical and theory examinations.
Successful applicants will receive a certificate valid for 5 years.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know