About this course
Our Bench Joinery Level 3 course is the perfect opportunity to continue your development within this sector. Studying at our dedicated construction centres and facilities, you will gain further understanding of the theoretical knowledge of this trade, and it will provide you with the advanced skills required to continue onto the progression routes at trade specific levels.
What you will study
This programme will enhance your knowledge of information and quantities, whilst improving your communication with others. You can also expect to erect complex structural carcassing components, maintain non-structural and structural components and set up and use fixed and transportable machinery. Furthermore, learners who are sponsored by an employer can gain an NVQ if they are able to give sufficient proof of their skills being practiced in the workplace.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Successful completion of a level 2 certificate in a relevant discipline plus an endorsement from the course tutor indicating 90% attendance and positive behaviour
Teaching and assessment
- Practical and written assessments
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
As soon as I knew there was a link to come here I was excited, and the school link programme provided me with an opportunity to see what it would be like to study here. The College gives you a lot of information on why you need to get your NVQ, and get an apprenticeship to get into full-time employment.
Need to know