About this course
Our VTCT Level 2(PAL) NVQ Diploma in Beauty and Spa Therapy General (QCF) is aimed at those learners seeking to work and develop their skills in a commercial setting. This qualification can only be delivered by colleges that have or have access to a 'real' salon and not just a realistic working environment, and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty therapist including:
- Assisting in the set up of the salon and Beauty treatments
- Prescriptive facial
- Enhancement of eyebrow and eyelashes
- Waxing services
- Effectiveness at work
- Health & safety
- Promoting additional products and services to clients
Spa assistant ;the therapist in this qualification will assist in the Spa environment as part of their course, where they will be expected to set up, check and maintain the general condition and appearance of a wide range of spa services. Customer service Level 2.
What you will study
This qualification includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty therapist ;
- Salon Health and Safety
- Client consultation
- Prescription facial
- Eye brow and eye lash tinting
- False lash application
- and removal Day, Evening and Special occasion make-up application
- Manicure and Pedicure Setting up and assisting in Spa environment
Students will also have the opportunity to undertake work placement in a busy working Salon/Spa to enhance their skills. This is a requirement of the Full time course. This will include some Saturdays.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Salon Fees: £30.00
3 GCSEs Grades A* - D including English Language (or equivalent). Satisfactory reference from Course Tutor. Alternatively, successful achievement of Level 1 (Beauty) and satisfactory reference. Satisfactory reference from School or College to indicate good behaviour, attendance and progress OR prior Learning and work experience.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment and practical assessment including exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
I enjoy the College, it’s fun and I like the social aspect - there are so many different people. It’s a good place to come, and helps grow your independence and confidence. The teachers are really fun and helpful and the facilities are really good. At the end of the year I really enjoy the Hair and Beauty Show as you get to see the amazing talent there is within my department which is really inspirational. I would definitely recommend this College.
Need to know