About this course
This taster course in Basic Home Electrics will provide you with different types of skills and knowledge at an entry level for domestic installation.
What you will study
The assessment criteria includes the following:
- List 3 skills that may be developed on a basic home electrics course.
- Use a basic home electrics skill.
- Collect information, artefacts or photographs relating to a basic home electrics course.
- List the activities undertaken during a basic home electrics taster course.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £30.00
Would be suitable for applicants who are motivated with a desire to achieve.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Throughout my time at CAVC I used a range of equipment, including; soldering irons, oscilloscopes and power supplies. I believe combining the academic and practical skills that I have gained at college will fuse my product design and electronic skills together ahead of university.
Need to know