About this course
This course enables learners to develop their understanding of domestic electrical installations covering 6 learning outcomes listed below.
What you will study
The learning outcomes include the following:
- Know potential hazards when installing electrical systems.
- Be able to install the wiring for a cooker.
- Be able to install the wiring for an electric shower.
- Understand the use of earth cable and earth clamps.
- Be able to plan the electrical layout of an area.
- Be able to use a Multi-meter with electronic components used in circuitry.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £30.00
Would be suitable for applicants who are motivated with a desire to achieve. Applicants would benefit by achieving the Basic Home Electrics - Taster and Beginner courses but this is not essential.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Throughout my time at CAVC I used a range of equipment, including; soldering irons, oscilloscopes and power supplies. I believe combining the academic and practical skills that I have gained at college will fuse my product design and electronic skills together ahead of university.
Need to know