About this course
Our 1 year bakery program is the perfect course for those individuals considering further learning and progression in bakery training and education, and will provide a higher level for a career in the bakery industry. Based at our City Centre campus in Cardiff, this qualification will develop the knowledge and practical skills in breads and confectionery, that will be required to work in the college's bakery. Training alongside industry professionals, students will learn in top class facilities, including huge training kitchens, butchery's, bakery's and our landmark City Centre restaurant 'The Classroom'. This programme offers pupils the opportunity to develop higher level practical skills and knowledge in a wide range of bakery manufacturing techniques.
What you will study
For a full Level 3 Diploma in Professional Bakery (FDQ), the learner will have to successfully complete 55 credits. Units include modules such as:
- Craft skills in Sugar-Wired Flowers
- Craft skills in Chocolate & Ganache
- Craft skills in Bread & Doughs
- Craft skills in Almond & Sugar Confectionery
- Advanced Celebration cakes
- Advanced Piping Skills/Royal Icing
- Advanced Fondant & Modelling Skills
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Level 2 in Catering. Satisfactory reference from Course tutor indicating good behaviour, attendance and progress.
Teaching and assessment
Coursework including practical assessments and written assignments
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
After leaving CAVC I might continue on with my Bakery Skills and do Level 4 at University, or I might look into doing teaching degree, so maybe in the future I could be teaching. To possible students I would say it is a good course, and the support from the tutors is great.
Need to know