About this course
The Highfield Level 3 Award in HACCP for Caterers (RQF) has been developed for caterers to gain a better understanding of how HACCP can be simply applied to the catering environment.
This one-day qualification will also be useful for those learners who already hold a level 3 or level 4 food safety qualification as a means of demonstrating CPD. It may also suit some enforcement officers who mainly inspect catering premises.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
- Understand the importance of HACCP-based food safety management procedures in catering and the preliminary processes for HACCP-based procedures in catering
- Understand the hazards and controls at every step in the catering operation and how to implement HACCP based food safety
- Understand how to verify HACCP-based procedures
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Need to know