About this course
This course is aimed at candidates associated with the automotive industry who would like to improve their welding skills and knowledge on MIG/MAG welding. It will cover a number of tasks, which will include a variety of welded joints. These will be carried out in a number different positions. On the completion of the course, the candidates will be able to carry out basic welding exercises to a level 2 standard.
What you will study
The awarding body for the unit qualification will be the IMI. It will cover the basic aspects of MIG/MAG welding, to include setting up and using welding equipment and carrying out a variety of welded joints. There will be practical and classroom sessions, covering underpinning knowledge, followed by an on-line assessment at the end of the course. This will consist of multi choice questions.
Teaching and assessment
- Practical Assignment Work and Online Exams
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £100.00
Applicants will be considered based on interview and a satisfactory desire and commitment to complete the course they would wish to study.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know