Automotive Refrigerant Handling
About this course
This short course enables successful candidates to legally work on vehicle air conditioning systems, and includes the procedures for emptying and pressurising air conditioning systems. The ATA assessment routes are for individuals with experience of working with air conditioning or those who hold a recognised qualification and minimum level of post-qualification industry experience.
This qualification meets the Mobile Air Conditioning (MAC) Commission Regulation EC842/2006 and the later Annex to Commission Regulation EC 307/2008.
What you will study
The course will run over 2 days, and the first day will cover the theory behind the air conditioning system in a vehicle, with a theory and practical approach.
The second day will consist of an online theory assessment followed by a practical assessment. The delegate will be required to demonstrate that they can competently remove air conditioning from a vehicle and make it safe to be worked on, followed by the refilling process, whilst adhering to any safety measures required.
Course fee per year
Exam Fee: £64.00
Course Fee: £311.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Candidate will require relevant experience in the automotive industry. It is recommended 4 years.
Time of day
Need to know