About this course
Our ATA Senior Paint course is intended for technicians whose job role involves the repair of vehicles which have been involved in accidents or similar incident circumstances. Technicians interested in this course should be working in the accident repair sector of the industry, and have at least 3 years' experience to ensure they are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to give a fault-free finish for both the preparation of panels (existing and new) and the finishing of panels to match the existing vehicle paint. This course includes 1 day pre-training.
If you require any further information please contact the course tutor on - 02920 406505.
What you will study
- Polish Panel (Existing)
- Colour identification & Colour Variant
- Surface Preparation
- Primed Surface - flatting
- Panel Sealing
- Panel Preparation (New Panel)
- Wet on Wet Primer (Application)
- 3 Stage Pearlescent Paint (Application)
- Paint Defects & Rectification Procedure
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £1,140.00
You should be working as a Senior Technician in the Accident Repair Sector of the industry and have at least three years experience with the skills, knowledge and techniques required.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I know from studying at the College and applying the skills I’ve learnt in my job I improve each day. I’m even going to compete at World Skills for vehicle body painting.
Need to know