About this course
To enrol on this course, a technician should be working in the accident repair sector of the automotive industry and ideally have at least three years’ experience to ensure they are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to replace various components, including returning vehicle systems to manufacturer specification and diagnosing system faults.
If you require any further information please contact the course tutor on - 02920 406505.
What you will study
The modules covered in the ATA MET course are:
- Cosmetic Panel Alignment
- Cooling Systems Components
- SRS - Scan Tools
- MET – Complex
- Vehicle Electrical - Complex Fault Finding
- Vehicle Suspension
- Four Wheel Alignment - Return to specification
- Four Wheel Alignment – Interpretation of Data
You should be working as an ATA Technician in the Accident Repair Sector of the industry and have at least three years' experience with the skills, knowledge and techniques required.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I know from studying at the College and applying the skills I’ve learnt in my job I improve each day. I’m even going to compete at World Skills for vehicle body painting.
Need to know