About this course
The Documentary Photography course will be of interest to students who would like to learn about photography and storytelling. Students will apply photographic techniques to produce portrait and landscape (people and places) images. By working on photographic projects students will be able to produce a photo essay (using a variety of photographic approaches). Students will need to bring the following equipment during the course: DSLR camera | camera memory card | USB pen drive.
What you will study
This course is perfect for photography students progressing from the Level 2 Digital Photography course, or for students who already have photographic knowledge and experience. Students can develop their documentary story telling skills by learning how to produce a photo essay; this can be based on a subject of the student’s choice, such as current affairs and social issues.
Course fee per year
Part-time enrolment fee: £35.00
Course Fee: £35.00
Applicants are not required to hold any formal qualifications to enrol on this course. However, students will be expected to demonstrate English/Communication skills enabling them to learn at level 2 as to produce the required assessed course work.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
Students can progress to the part time Documentary Photography course (Agored Cymru, Level 2 unit), BTEC 540 Diploma Photography (full time), Foundation Degree photography (full time).
Need to know