About this course
This Art and Design Level 2 Diploma will suit anyone who is interested in a career in art and design. You will get to explore a wide range of media and design techniques including 3D design, ceramics, textiles, graphic communication, print making and painting.
What you will study
Most students who successfully complete this course progress onto one of the Level 3 art and design related courses run at the College. Successful completion of a level 3 course can allow you to progress onto university.
Candidates will be expected to show evidence of an Art and Design Portfolio at interview.
On the course you will study subjects including:
- 3D Design
- Graphic Communications
- Contextual studies
- Essential Skills Application of Number, Communication and ICT
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Studio Fees: £65.00
4 GCSEs A* - D including English Language or Maths or a Level 1 qualification in Art & Design. You must attend an interview. You must resit GCSE English Language or Maths if Grade D or less.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I chose to come to Cardiff and Vale College as I knew I could really be myself here and I would be treated as an equal. The people I have met since being at the College have been my highlight as I’m meeting people who are different ages and have had different experiences to me. I have made some really good friends since being at the College. It seems like the right step between school and uni.
Need to know