About this course
The Foundation Diploma in Art and Design level 3 offers an excellent opportunity for students to develop and enrich current art and design practice in preparation for degree courses across the visual arts. With a diagnostic starting point leading towards your chosen specialist study of Fine Art, 3d, Graphic Communication, Fashion/Textiles. All students have access to personal and specialist studio space plus workshops facilities in areas such as ceramic, 3d, photography and print making. This fast paced, dynamic course will help you develop and build a portfolio of work and prepare you for progression across a wide range of creative possibilities with many of our students going on to study at prestigious Universities across the UK.
All students need to be over 18 to apply.
The following UCAS points will be allocated to learners who have fulfilled the requirements of this qualification: Distinction112, Merit 96, Pass 80.
What you will study
There are 6 units of study which aim to enable learners to confidently progress within the visual creative world of HE or work. You will be introduced to a range of materials and methods of working to research and develop your ideas, learning how to evaluate and reflect on your progress. During the foundation course we encourage ambition, an exploratory approach, a critical analysis of practice and the ability to think outside of the box.
All students need to be over 18 years by the 1st of September on the yea of entry to apply.
The following UCAS points will be allocated to learners who have fulfilled the requirements of this qualification: Distinction112, Merit 96, Pass 80
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Studio Fees: £65.00
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language or Maths AND 1 x A Level OR BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma or NVQ Level 3. Relevant experience during employment. You will be required to provide a portfolio of work during your interview. You must be 18+ years of age.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Everyone is really friendly and the learning experience has been great - the tutors are always supportive. I'd recommend going to College as it's a great route into university or work. I'm lucky enough to be studying a course I really enjoy and that's the most important thing.
Need to know