About this course
Construction and the Built Environment is an ideal subject for students wishing to become an Architect, Building Surveyor, Construction Manager, Civil Engineer, Quantity Surveyor or follow any other professional career pathway in the sector.
What you will study
This programme is designed to build on your existing knowledge and will provide you with the basis on which your further career progression can be built.
The programme encompasses a wide range of subject areas and is made up of a combination of mandatory and optional units, including;
- Construction Technology
- Science & Materials
- Legal & Statutory Responsibilities in Construction
- Measurement & Estimating
- Surveying, Measuring & Setting Out
It will provide you with a recognised qualification that will act as a springboard towards achieving your degree, and has been designed to meet the requirements of a number of professional bodies, such as:
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
Course fee per year
Part Course Fees: £0.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
Need to know