HNC in Construction Management - Higher Apprenticeship
About this course
The HNC in Construction Management course will help you gain a sound understanding of the technical, legal and scientific principles of construction. Seminars and lectures are backed up by construction site visits which will bring your studies to life. You’ll also be supported by expert staff who have professional experience of working on large housing, commercial, and infrastructure developments, as well as having excellent working knowledge of the construction industry.
At Cardiff and Vale College we have close links with industry which will provide you with valuable connections, giving you the chance to gain recognition and make contacts to help further your future career.
What you will study
You will study the following 8 modules on this course:
Unit 1: Individual Project (set by awarding organisation)
Unit 2: Construction Technology
Unit 3: Science and Materials
Unit 4: Construction Environment
Unit 5: Legal and Statutory Requirements in Construction
Unit 6: Digital Applications for Construction Information
Unit 7: Tender and Procurement
Unit 8: Mathematics for Construction
Course fee per year
Part Course Fees: £0.00
Employed in the industry within a relevant role and hold five GCSE’s at grade C or above, to include Maths, Science and English, BTEC Level 3 Diploma (PPP) or equivalent qualifications in a relevant subject. Mature learners with a suitable academic background may be accepted at the discretion of the Course Tutor.
Teaching and assessment
The programme will be taught using a combination of lectures, guest speakers and tutorials. The programme will be assessed using a combination of assignments, practical assessment and examinations.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
“I enjoyed learning to understand the theory behind what I do in the workplace, where I can put theory and the practicality hand-in-hand together to make the best outcome for my job.”
Career prospects & further study
On Completion of the HNC, learners can progress onto the HND in Construction Management or directly into employment in the construction sector.
Need to know