About this course
Our Level 2 Adult Foundation pathway is a two-year part time course and aims to equip students with qualifications that will vastly improve their job prospects or prepare them for Level 3 study.
This programme is aimed at mature learners who have life experience (at least 3 years out of full-time education) and some previous qualifications, which may be at low grades, or were taken a long time ago.
What you will study
The Adult Foundation pathway is a part time two-year course, which builds on existing skills. You will study GCSE English and Maths, and as part of Agored’s Skills for Further Study Diploma, you will also study Science, Social Science, Maths, English, IT and Study Skills. Weekly tutorials are held to explore progression routes and support you through your studies.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £35.00
Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy assessed at interview and GCSE Grade A* - C in English Language. Learners need to be outside of FT education for three years prior to studying this Course.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I was home educated from year 7 onwards, and as a result I ended up not getting any qualifications. I knew I needed to get something so I could get a job. I found all my tutors really supportive, but seeing is believing, so I would say come and see what this college could do for you.
Need to know