About this course
This course is aimed at learners who wish to pursue a university pathway in computer science and IT. Specifically designed for adults who have been out of education for over three years, it will allow access to university pathways in the growing IT sector. Learners will develop the confidence, knowledge and skills necessary to be able to progress to and successfully participate in a programme of higher education.
What you will study
Modules on this course will include:
- Investigative Project/Extended Essay
- Mathematics for Computing
- Information Systems
- Software Development
- Computer Systems and Network Architecture
- Website Development
- Computer Design
- Communication Skills
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £350.00
Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy assessed at interview and GCSE Grade A* - C in Maths. Learners need to be outside of FT education for three years prior to studying this Course. Alternatively, learners studying on Adult Foundation course.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I think I have really grown in confidence on the course, and have gained basic skills which I didn’t have before, I left school at the begin in Year 11, so getting a C in maths and English at GCSE was a big deal for me, and it boosted my confidence.
Need to know