About this course
This course is designed to cover the necessary knowledge and skills required to demonstrate the selection and fitting of abrasive wheels in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and current legislation.
The course is designed for operatives who deliver, supervise or manage the safe use and changing of abrasive wheels.
What you will study
Typical subjects studied may include (but won’t be limited to):
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Regulations and guidance in regards to abrasive wheels
- Interpreting Technical Information
- Wheel types and specifications
- Wheel fitting and storage
- Damaged or faulty wheels
- Effects on Health and Safety
The course will involve practical training and assessment, this will be supported by underpinning knowledge delivered in a classroom environment.
Candidates will need to provide overalls and safety footwear.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £50.00
Applicants will be considered based on interview and a satisfactory desire and commitment to complete the course they would wish to study.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Throughout my time at CAVC I used a range of equipment, including; soldering irons, oscilloscopes and power supplies. I believe combining the academic and practical skills that I have gained at college will fuse my product design and electronic skills together ahead of university.
Need to know