Maths (Adult Basic Skills) Entry 1-Level 2
About this course
City and Guilds accredited Essential Skills qualification - specified study days at a college site (available on application).
Online course accredited with an Agored unit, offering flexible study.Suitable for learners who want to brush up on skills. (please note this is not an Essential Skills qualification)
What you will study
Work towards an Essential Skills (Communication) qualification. Under each level your exams format will be:
- Entry 1 – 3 final assessment at end of course
- Level 1 – Controlled Assessment ( 4 hours) and 30 minute online Confirmatory Test
- Level 2 – Controlled Assessment ( 5 hours) and 45 minute online Confirmatory Test
ABE Online course – accredited with Agored unit. Online portfolio created.
Classes are available from Entry 1 to Level 2 and start in September, January and April.
Course fee per year
Part-time enrolment fee: £10.00
Courses are suitable for learners without formal qualifications, or who do not have Grade C or above at GCSE. You will be required to complete an online screener so that we can assess your level and put you onto the correct course.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
Learners who study Entry Level 1 to Level 1 will progress on to the next level of the course. On competition of a Level 2 course learner can progress on to any vocational course, or study an access course which will give you the opportunity to go to University.
Need to know