About this course
If you are keen to pursue an exciting career in the music industry, our BTEC 90 Credit Diploma in Music Technology is the perfect course for you! Taught at our City Centre Campus, this course will cover a range of topics, which will develop your skills and knowledge of the sector and prepare you for employment. Throughout the duration of the programme, you will work on a variety of different projects, which will give you realistic, work-based scenarios to enhance your industry skills.
This course is suitable for people of all ages wishing to develop and advance their skills in:
- Music Production
- Live event organising and marketing
- Composition and arrangement
- Music Industry Practices
What you will study
During this Music Technology Course, the following topics will be covered:
- Music Production Techniques.
- Live Sound Techniques.
- Concert Production and Staging.
- Sequencing Systems and Techniques.
- Sound Creation and Manipulation.
- Music and sound for Moving Image.
- Music Technology in Performance.
- Composing Music.
- The Sound and Music Industry.
- Music in Society.
- Listening Skills for Music Technologists.
- Music Theory and Harmony.
- Planning and Delivering a Music Product.
- Working with Music Notation Packages.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Studio Fees: £65.00
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language or Maths or a Level 2 Diploma in this discipline at Pass grade or higher. You must attend an interview.
Teaching and assessment
There are no exams during this course. Instead, you are continually assessed throughout the year and results are based on practical and written projects.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I love that college wasn't too laid back but not too serious. I was looking forward to coming into college no matter how early I had to wake up. I just want to keep learning.
Need to know