Drop-in support space for learners with additional learning needs and disabilities.
On our two main campuses (Cardiff City Centre and Colcot Road, Barry) we have drop-in ALN Hubs. Each Hub is staffed by a member of the Additional Learning Needs team who will be available Monday to Friday to help you with any queries.
You can access the Hub at any time during your time in college and it is a safe space if you wish to discuss anything. Our friendly team can offer you advice and guidance and help support you with any problems you may have.
(8:30-4:30 Monday-Thursday & 8:30 – 4:00 Friday)
The Hub provides a space for learners to;
- Have a quiet space to work or take a short break from lessons in our quiet area.
- Access advocacy and signposting support from the support team for things such as counselling, finance, careers and linking with parents and careers.
- Use our suite of laptops, IPads and PCs to do work and study
- Attend drop-in sessions for out of class support
- Attend Assistive Technology sessions to help you to become more independent.
- A safe place to get support and guidance to help promote your emotional wellbeing.
In our City Centre Campus, in Cardiff, you will also be able to access our Hive. The Hive is a space designed for bespoke intervention for learners with ALN.
The Hive provides a space for learners to:
- Attend Assistive Technology sessions to help you become more independent.
- Have lessons with our SpLD Specialist Lecturer.
- Attend clubs for learners with Autistic Spectrum Condition and Social Communication difficulties.
- Have person centred reviews of Individual Development Plans and progress at college.
- Meet with outside agencies.