About this course
This qualification provides learners with specialist skills and knowledge in one of the major growth areas of the hospitality industry – the beverage sector. The unit is aimed at all first line operatives where coffee is served – this includes coffee bars, coffee houses, cafes, hotels and restaurants.
What you will study
The unit covers the importance of presenting a positive personal image and the use of effective communication techniques.
There are four learning outcomes to this unit. The learner will:
- Be able to demonstrate product knowledge
- Be able to clean and check equipment
- Be able to display drink building techniques
- Be able to serve customer
The course is run 4 hours a week for 5 weeks total of 20 hours
Course fee per year
Part Course Fees: £0.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know