Visitors to the Millennium Stadium for the London 2012 Olympic Games

Visas and immigration

Visas & Immigration

CAVC is a Tier 4 Sponsor:

Cardiff and Vale College has a licence with UKVI to bring international students to Cardiff and Vale College International. The College is a tier 4 sponsor.

Tier 4 (General) Student visa:

International students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to study on a full-time course of more than six months in the UK require a Tier 4 (General) student visa. You must apply for an academic or Vocational course at NQF Level 3 and above.

Short-term study visa:

Students intending to study an EIS course who will need to obtain a student visa, full or part-time might consider the short-term study visa route.

Please note that all residency and visa statuses will be checked by the International Office when you apply and they will be happy to provide you with information about which courses are available to you

Applying for a visa:

It is really important that you do your research thoroughly and to ensure that you can meet all the visa requirements. The more you learn about the visa process the more likely it is that you will have a successful application.

Before you make your application, you can find up to date Visa information on the UKCISA website. The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK's national advisory body serving the interests of international students.


If you have any questions about student visas or the International application process, please email