English Language Exams
Cambridge ESOL Exams
Cardiff and Vale College International is the only Cambridge ESOL Open Centre in Cardiff. As an Open Centre we are authorised to run University of Cambridge ESOL (English Language) examinations for all candidates, including those who are not taking a preparation course at our College.
Cardiff and Vale College International offers the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations which is a part of the Cambridge Assessment Group, a department of the University of Cambridge.
Cambridge ESOL examinations are suitable for learners of all nationalities, whatever their first language and cultural background and there are examinations suitable for learners for almost any age. Although they are designed for native speakers of languages other than English, no language related restrictions apply. The range of Cambridge ESOL examinations includes specialist examinations in Business English and English for Academic Purposes. You do not need to be studying on a course to apply for an exam through the Exam Centre. However, for students who would like some extra practice, we offer exam preparation courses. Please contact the International Office for details.
Email the International Office: email@example.com
Examinations on offer at Cardiff and Vale College International are at the following levels:
- KET (Key English Test) – is Cambridge ESOL’s exam which recognises the ability to deal with everyday written and spoken English at a basic level.
- PET (Preliminary English Test) – is an exam for people who can use everyday written and spoke English at an intermediate level.
- FCE (First Certificate in English) – this exam is ideal for people who want to use English for work or study purposes. It is an exam for people who can use everyday written and spoken English at an upper-intermediate level.
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) – is an exam for advanced users of English. This exam is aimed at people who can use written and spoken English for most professional and social purposes.
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) – is Cambridge ESOL’s most advanced exam. It is aimed at people who us English for professional or study purposes.
To view exam dates for the course listed above, please click here.
These exams are included in some of the full and part-time General English Courses in the English for International Students programme area.
For more information contact the International office: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 02920 908004