Cardiff and Vale College Apprenticeships
According to Welsh Government statistics 77% of businesses who have trained apprentices believe it made their company more competitive.
Cardiff and Vale College currently work with 326 organisations across South Wales to offer apprenticeships – from small private companies to large multi-national organisations as well as public sector organisations, including local councils in South Wales and the Welsh Government.
What is an Apprenticeship?
The Apprenticeship Traineeship programme, led by the Welsh Government, is supported by the European Social Fund. These training programmes involve learners developing their on the job training at work whilst their off the job training is undertaken at college.
What are the benefits for your business?
Apprenticeships help to ensure that your workforce has the practical skills as well as the qualifications to meet the needs of your business now and in the future.
- National standards and qualifications coupled with hands-on training and development ensure Apprentices are well trained and productive
- Being part of an apprenticeship scheme can bring benefits such as increased productivity, improved competitiveness and a committed and competent work-force.
What will having an Apprentice involve?
When deciding to employ an apprentice you will be committing to the following:
- Employing the apprentice for a minimum of 16 hours per week and paying them a wage
- Fully supporting the Apprentice in all aspects of their Learning Programme
- Through mutual agreement, allowing Cardiff and Vale College Apprenticeships staff to undertake visits to your business in order to assess and discuss progress with the learner
- Allowing the Apprentice time off to attend College
- Observing all relevant Health and Safety regulations
- Assisting Cardiff and Vale College Apprenticeship staff in the assessment of the learner by giving feedback on their progress
How much will it cost your business?
Working with Cardiff and Vale College Apprenticeships does not cost your business anything.
How can I find out more?
Find out more information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org