How to I connect to eduroam?
To gain access to eduroam you will need:-
1. Your college email address
- Students: email@example.com
- Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Your college password
This is the same login as your emails and your computer at the College.
All users are governed by the JANET Roaming Policy, and also the College IT Acceptable Use Policy. If you have problems, please contact the IT support desk: email@example.com
MICROSOFT AND APPLE
If you have:-
- Windows 10
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Apple iPhone/iPad
- Apple Mac OS
- Apple Linux
Please navigate here >> https://cat.eduroam.org/?idp=907 << and select your device type.
If you have an Android device please follow the below instructions.
Please download this Certificate Authority File >> Link to attachment << and install to your device. It will ask for a friendly name which can be called whatever you want. After this is installed, connect to the eduroam wifi and ensure you have the following settings:-
- EAP Method - PEAP
- Phase-2 Authentication - MSCHAPv2
- CA Certificate - Above CA Certificate file
All other devices, please use the following settings:
- SSID - eduroam
- Security - WPA2 Enterprise
- Encryption - AES
- Authentication - 802.1x
- User Authentication - EAP/PEAP MSCHAPv2
- Username (Student) - College Email Address eg: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Username (Staff) - College Email Address eg: email@example.com
- Password - Current network password
- Domain - Ignore
- Certificate - CA Certificate file >> LINK TO ATTACHMENT <<
- Server - radius.cavc.ac.uk
Visiting the College
People visiting the College should have completed the setup while at their home institution, which allows any problems to be rectified with the assistance of their home IT support department. You should contact your home institution IT support department should you experience any problems whilst on-site, and also check on the status of the eduroam service at your institution.
By connecting to eduroam you are accepting the terms and conditions from the policy:
IT Acceptable Use Policy
by connecting to eduroam you are accepting the terms and conditions from the policy:
Where can I use eduroam?
For more information about where you can use eduroam, please visit one of the links below: